Welcom

Here's where I toss out my words - like words in the wind. Sometimes putting stuff out on the internet can feel like that. Hope you can catch the breeze once in awhile.

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Calling all Card Doctors



Calling all Card Doctors


I made this card last week and I tried to step out of my comfort zone by choosing colours I normally don't. I knew I wanted to do something with my Beautiful Blooms stamp and die and of course every flower needs leaves. Anyhow, I pulled all these elements together, die cut and stamped them. Put them together and though,Yuck. It doesn't work for me. It looks bottom heavy. Trouble is I still like the elements and I like the colours I picked. I'm just not sure how to change it to make it look more balanced. I'm looking for some advice if anyone is willing to share their expertise.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love the colors you chose, so pretty together:) I think I do see what you mean about being a bit bottom heavy. What I'd probably try is changing the orientation of the card to horizontal. I'd put the label mat with the sentiment on it toward the upper left side and have the flower and leaves arraganged toward the bottom right witht he leaves overlapping the label a bit. I think it would look more balanced because you'd have more room to work with :) Hope you have a wonderful day!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Good idea. That would save what I've done and keep me from throwing the card away. Thanks!

Leah said...

Post it if you decide to re-do it, I'd love to see it!! Hugs...